Friday, July 9, 2010

My Final Entry

I did not think I was going to be writing so much about our crazy journey into parenthoo, but I actually found it therapeutic for me. Mia was discharged from the hospital after 10 days on oxygen and a feeding tube. We were in Durham for 3 months until the trial was set up at Hasbro. Mia was sitting up at 8 1/2 months, her heart slowly improved, she had (and still does have)very low antibodies to the treatment. We knew she was responding to treatment. Amongst many ups and downs (fortunately more ups), Mia has had the feeding tube removed, she has normal heart function, and contunues to improve in gross and fine motor activities and speech.

Her progress is ongoing. Although we do not know what the future holds for Mia, we have so much reason to be hopeful as new research is on the horizon, even a cure. We pray to see the cure in Mia's lifetime. Thank you to all who have helped make this event a success and all those who have donated. Cannot wait to see you all tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Dawn
    I don't know if you remember me but I gave flu shots with you last winter. I have been praying everyday for Mia,your husband, Sean and you.
    I can't attend tomorrow's event but will be sending you a contribution.

    Love and Prayers,
    Ann Hart

    ReplyDelete